Casting mold means that in order to obtain the structural shape of the part, the structural shape of the part is made in advance with other easily formed materials, and then the mold is placed in the sand mold, so that a cavity having the same structural size as the part is formed in the sand type. Then, a fluid liquid is poured into the cavity, and the liquid is cooled and solidified to form a part identical to the shape of the mold.
Due to the rapid development of 3D printing technology, large 3D printers have emerged, and corresponding 3D printers have been developed for large castings . The following is a foundry that purchased a large FDM 3D printer to improve the factory production process.
Traditional way of making molds
This is a mold made in the traditional way.
Large FDM 3D printer introduction
After printing, after CNC machining
3D printing initial model
The modified PLA object just printed in 3D is extremely rough, and the amount of material is 2kg per hour . It is too slow, and I hope to accelerate to 5kg . It doesn't matter if the surface is rough, and the subsequent processing is still necessary.
This 1 meter 3D printed part must be processed by a milling machine. When it is necessary to process 6 places, it is possible to make a mold. However, compared with the traditional craftsmanship, it also borrows well.
In the past, casting parts were made by wood mold or sand casting. Now, through the internal design of the factory, 3D printing initial mold, CNC finishing, 3D scanning and other advanced processing methods, the R&D speed is effectively improved, and the previous precision is not high. It has now become more controllable.
Detected by a 3D scanner
Complete 3D digital solution, the forging industry is secretly upgrading the process
- How 3D printing services are applied to sculpture art
- Application of 3D printer guide plate technique in puncture drainage of hypertensive cerebral hemorrhage
- 3D printing service is very useful in the field of film and television
- Context predicts shipments of industrial 3D printers will increase by 25% in 2019
- Weiwei Technology participated in 2019 Shanghai TCT (Asia 3D Printer, Additive Manufacturing Exhibition)
- Weiwei Technology carries the latest 3D printer to participate in the 20th Shenzhen High-Tech Fair
- Talking about the development trend and challenge of 3D printer
- Research on Layered Technology of Variable Thickness Surface of Thin-walled Shell Based on FDM3D Printer Technology
- Application Analysis of Carbon Fiber Industrial Grade 3D Printer Technology
- 3D printing service helps blind children to perceive new things
- Product Creation Space produces display art through 3D printing technology
- The promotion and popularization of educational 3D printer technology in the field of education